Wednesday 24 February 2016

Let Them Eat Cake

I haven't posted a "life lately" post in a long time. But seriously, our life lately has only consisted of wedding planning. This past week was the absolute best part of planning a wedding: THE CAKE TASTING! 

It literally is the icing on top of all things wedding planning.  

We were given a list of thirteen different flavour combos and were told to narrow our tasting selections down to only five. 
THIS WAS SO UNBELIEVABLY HARD.
The flavours that we picked were:
vanilla cake with a vanilla filling and iced with a vanilla buttercream - this was Zak's fave. What can I say he's a pretty vanilla guy. P.S. - I love being able to see the vanilla bean. Totally yum.
Next up was a vanilla cake with a blackberry filling and topped off with a white chocolate ganache icing. SO DANG GOOD.
I didn't think anything could top off the previous two but then my mouth discovered the flavour combination of lemon cake filled with a blueberry filling and finished with a vanilla icing. In my head, I kept thinking, "WINNER, WINNER, WE HAVE A WINNER!"
But then....me being my father's daughter and a chocolate addict...I discovered the taste of a vanilla cake filled and topped with a chocolate espresso icing and then the same filling but smothered between two moist dark chocolate cakes..
I MEAN HOW DOES A GIRL & I GUESS HER FIANCÉ DECIDE?!
ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS CAKE BAKER WAS PERSONALLY CONTRACTED BY MICHELLE OBAMA TO MAKE SUGAR FLOWERS FOR THE WHITE HOUSE 2013 CHRISTMAS PARTY? 
You see that little pink sugar flower down there on the left hand side of the tray. Yeah, those are works of art. KEEPSAKES, EVEN. 



I am even more excited now because as sketches and designs for all of the wedding are flowing in, the sketch of the proposed cake came in earlier today. I couldn't resist not giving everyone a sneak peek. 

So here it is! 

Seeing this makes me soo excited for our big day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment